Consultant / Product Specialist – Austin
RIB Software is listed on the German Stock Exchange (ETR: RIB) and is a driving force committed to digital innovation in the building and construction industries. The company develops and distributes cutting-edge digital technologies for construction enterprises and projects worldwide.
Our multinational company is focused on pioneering innovation in IT and engineering, with an aim to enhance construction productivity through 5D BIM, AI, data analytics, cloud workflows and much more. With over 2,700 talents in more than 25 countries worldwide, RIB Software is bringing in new thinking, working methods and technologies to support the advent of digital transformation for our industry.
The RIB International division is responsible for the development and distribution of the advanced estimating software, iTWO costX, along with the innovative project collaboration solution, iTWO cx which have evolved over the last 20 years to become world class solutions for businesses large and small. Our technology is used in over 90 countries worldwide.
RIB Software is a subsidiary of Schneider Electric Investment AG.
RIB International are excited to offer the opportunity for an experienced and talented construction professional to join our team as a Consultant / Product Specialist. Working from our Austin office, you will operate alongside our Sales and Marketing teams as a technical subject matter expert and champion to promote, demonstrate, implement and support our world-leading iTWO costX software. Utilizing your industry knowledge, and having received dedicated product training, you will be able to explain the benefits and ease of operation of the software to a variety of prospective clients across a range of industry sectors, and assist them in undertaking a successful implementation into their business. This position will enable you to work as part of a highly collaborative, global team of creative and motivated individuals in a company whose core values focus on inclusivity, innovation, teamwork, entrepreneurialism and ownership to deliver outstanding results and customer satisfaction.
You will receive training in all aspects of iTWO costX and your duties will include:
- Delivering pre-sales presentations demonstrating iTWO costX and iTWO benchmark to potential customers and industry stakeholders
- Providing training and implementation services in iTWO costX and iTWO benchmark to new and existing users
- Working alongside our technical support team to provide assistance to our customer base
- Interfacing with users and analysing their needs to brief the software developers
- Assisting the sales, marketing and software development teams as required
- Learning and keeping informed about the latest worldwide trends in construction software, especially BIM
- Contributing towards the continued development of iTWO costX and growth of RIB International
Besides being a highly personable and engaging person, you will need:
- Experience as an Estimator, Quantity Surveyor or Cost Consultant
- Good measurement skills and an interest in software and BIM
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence in dealing with groups of people in training and demonstration situations
- Good organisation and the ability to work to deadlines
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Capability to travel to visit clients and prospects, including domestic and some international travel
- Previous experience in using iTWO costX will be highly regarded
- A competitive salary and benefits scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- The opportunity to become an expert in one of the world’s leading estimating software products
- The chance to be involved in the leading edge of the industry and gain valuable experience in BIM and 3D design technologies
- The opportunity to apply your skills and interact with a cross-section of the construction industry including Professional Consulting firms, Government Departments, Contractors and Subcontractors
- All personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment only.
RIB Group is an equal opportunity employer. We ensure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities.