Product Owner – Brisbane
RIB Software is listed on the German Stock Exchange (ETR:RIB) and is a driving force committed to digital innovation in the building and construction industries. The company develops and distributes cutting-edge digital technologies for construction enterprises and projects worldwide.
Our multinational company is focused on pioneering innovation in IT and engineering, with an aim to enhance construction productivity through 5D BIM, AI, data analytics, cloud workflows and much more. With over 2,700 talents in more than 25 countries worldwide, RIB Software is bringing in new thinking, working methods and technologies to support the advent of digital transformation for our industry.
The RIB International division is responsible for the development and distribution of powerful estimating software, iTWO costX and innovative project collaboration solution, iTWO cx which have evolved over the last 20 years to become world class solutions for businesses large and small. Our technology is used in over 90 countries worldwide.
RIB Software is a subsidiary of Schneider Electric Investment AG.
RIB International are looking for an experienced and talented Product Owner to join our Product development team in our Toowong Office. The successful applicant will be crucial in helping the team in achieving the company’s objectives and growth.
- Engage with users, consultants, and others to gain a deep understanding of industry and customer workflows and processes, analysing and documenting their needs and requirements.
- Develop innovative ideas and solutions to complex problems, and work with the Product Manager and other team members to formulate and validate conceptual designs.
- Evolve and refine conceptual designs into clear design specifications that are broken down into actionable tasks and stories for development.
- Break down stories, develop and refine a prioritised backlog, and identify and document the milestones and deliverables on the product roadmap.
- Be an expert in the use of our products and help to ensure the product continues to be developed according to specifications and standards, meeting customers’ needs, and conforming to both web and desktop environments UI/UX design standards.
- Continually look for improvements to workflows and product functionality to improve efficiencies and add value.
- Contribute to the development of design systems, document standards and patterns, and write usage documentation.
- Manage work to meet deadlines and ensure consistent quality.
- Participate in application product development lifecycle in an energetic Agile Scrum environment.
- Work closely with others in the international software R&D team.
- 3+ years in a Product Owner, Business Analyst, or similar role with software lifecycle management experience preferably in an Agile environment.
- Experience in delivering successful commercial software products that meet customer and market requirements.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in construction cost estimating or project management is very highly regarded.
- Experience in analysing customer workflows and documenting requirements and design solutions for large software products.
- An exceptional communicator, with excellent written and spoken English, and an ability to collaborate with the development team and internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Conscientious and highly organized, with excellent attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Self-motivated, action-oriented, strong attention to detail with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to identify opportunities and risks, as well as problems, inefficiencies and inconsistencies, and propose solutions that drive demonstrable improvements.
- Familiarity with Design Systems and/or experience and understanding of UI Design, UI Libraries, and UI Development workflows is highly regarded.
- Scrum Product Owner certification is highly regarded.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible Working Arrangements including work from home.
- Professional development opportunities in a supportive environment.
- Be a key part of a friendly, dynamic team.
- All personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment only.
RIB Group is an equal opportunity employer. We ensure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities.