Software Development Manager – Hong Kong
- Lead and Manager a Development Team
- Head office of a successful international company
- 5 days / Attractive package / Work Life Balance
RIB International are looking for an experienced and talented Software Development Manager to join the R&D team. The successful applicant will be crucial in helping the team in achieving the company’s objectives and growth. Reporting to the CTO, this role will empower you with a high degree of autonomy in day-to-day delivery of software development in an Agile environment, managing process, technology and technologists in Hong Kong and Australia, this role is a key part of the R&D leadership.
- Lead and manage distributed teams of software developers to meet business objectives
- Develop and manage project delivery projections/plans and liaise with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis to manage priorities across multiple project streams
- Ensure Development Team members complete work allocations efficiently and work is undertaken productively, removing roadblocks and impediments
- Drive the continued development and improvement of technical frameworks and best practices in liaison with Principal Product Engineers and the Senior team
- Ensure professional software development practices are well documented and followed throughout the team
- Manage the Development Team to ensure that skills are appropriate to business strategy and requirements and individual career goals and objectives
- Act as a partner and mentor having regular one-on-one meetings, providing feedback, coaching and career development, as well as leadership guidance and performance management
- Motivate and mentor staff to technical excellence across ideation, specification and design, development, testing, knowledge management etc.
- Work closely with the QA Lead, Support Manager and each of the project teams and technical experts keeping pulse of project progress, roadblocks, exceptions and required adjustments
- Report to R&D leadership team on project progress and engage on strategic initiatives and future planning
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 1-2 years experience managing Software development teams
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented software development and windows and web application technologies
- Experience in source control management, branching, versioning and build automation
- Demonstrated success in IT planning, project management and delivery
- Proven ability to effectively lead and motivate teams and individuals that are both co-located and remote
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and an ability to collaborate with the R&D, Product and Support teams and internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Conscientious and highly organized, with excellent attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible Working Arrangements including work from home.
- Professional development opportunities in a supportive environment.
- Be a key part of a friendly, dynamic team.
- All personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment only.
RIB Group is an equal opportunity employer. We ensure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities.